April 28, 2012

LDT's 5 Year Celebration Testimonials

LDT’S Five Year Celebration Testimonials (12/2 and 12/3/11)
It was an upbeat performance from the beginning to end – great music, brilliant acting and superb dancing.  My daughter and I enjoyed.  The entire cast’s energy was electric – you could feel it.  Myrena Sint Jago, the lead performer in the show, did a fabulous job directing and choreographing it.  If you didn’t see,

YOU MISSED A GREAT SHOW Ahmat Jallo (Actor)

Hi LDT,
I wanted to congratulate you both on a beautiful job well done; you are really "telling the story". I was very happy I went (Myrena, I was thrilled to see you dance again and was telling Francois about your incredible energy; GOD bless.) I had to run to meet Francois so wasn't able to stay after the performance, but wanted to thank you for sharing with me.
Rhina Cuevas (Musician; music Therapist and Assistant Principal)

The Liberata 5-year concert was a joyous celebration of life and art; a true example of spoken word history, or herstory.
Julia Campanelli (Actress)

The show of Liberata seen on December 3rd was fantastic. My family and I enjoyed every minute of it. It went from the soulful international music to the favorite classical music of our time. Watching the play myself it reminded me of my past struggles and how I overcame them. In addition, I saw that my son enjoyed the play too, so maybe not only is this play for adults it may appeal to teenagers too. When I read about the actors’ biographies I am happy to see that my country was represented in the play. I would recommend this play to everyone because they should have the same great experience that I did.
Joyce Wynaar
I enjoyed the most recent performance of the Liberata DanceTheatre Company immensely. Myrena has come into her own with her unique and exciting choreography. Her works are not only exciting but also educational as she strives to enhance awareness of importance of social issues. The dancers and musicians were also outstanding. My only lament is that her work is not reaching a larger audience. 
Rose Crayton (Educator; Social Activist)


The performers are Tina Feaster,Tomoko Fujimoto, Nykie Gibbs, Gabrielle Hoffman, Tendaye Kuumba and Myrena Sint Jago; musician, Ron M'c Bee. and photographers C. Stossel (First 3 Photos) and T. Sweeney. (2 Photos immediately above).

No comments: